Tuesday, September 18, 2007

A couple of hats

I've said it before and I'll say it again: I like making hats. They're quick, useful, and creative. This past week I made 2 fun hats from patterns that I loved. I will definitely be making more than one of each of these patterns for gifts and for myself!


Pattern: Odessa by Grumperina
Yarn: Rowan Cashsoft DK, color 525, 1 ball
Beads: size 6
Needles: Susan Bates 16" circulars #4, #6
Started: 9/14/07 Finished: 9/18/07
Recipient: undisclosed for now :-)
Modifications: none! I love this pattern!


Pattern: Crochet Hat from Classic Elite Uptown Knitting book
Yarn: Debbie Bliss Pure Cotton, color 39014, 1 ball
Hook: Susan Bates 7
Started: 9/10/07 Finished: 9/10/07 (about 2 hours!)
Recipient: me
Mods: hook size

I made one of these hats for the shop one day at work (out of the lovely Classic Elite Lush that the pattern calls for) and it took me around 2 hours start to finish. I thought it was super cute so I made one for myself the next day out of some of my DB Cotton. I started it before my first class on Monday and had finished it by lunchtime!

P.S. Sorry my photography sucks. It is my goal to become a better photographer!!