Sunday, September 9, 2007

Eating my words

Okay, can someone PLEASE tell me what the big deal about socks is? For some reason, everyone and their mother is obsessed with socks and seems to be knitting almost exclusively socks. What's the big deal? Just that they're portable? Lots of projects are portable. Why spend so much energy and hurt your hands working on teeny weeny needles when they're just going to go in a shoe? Maybe I'll change my mind and eat my words someday but right now I think there are many things more interesting than socks. Geez!

-
Me, June 24, 2007

Okay, okay. Socks are pretty fun. I'm really enjoying making Adam's socks on the Magic Loop and yesterday I found myself lingering a little more than usual near the sock yarn contemplating my next pair. I'm on the heel flap now, almost to the heel turn and what can I say? I LIKE SOCKS. THERE I SAID IT, HAPPY?! Now in no way will this become an exclusively sock-focused blog like so many out there. But there is something so satisfying about those teeny tiny little stitches. Here's progress...


And I finished my mom's knitting needle holder and gave it to her yesterday (her birthday was Aug. 29). She was very excited and I was pretty pleased with it, it being one of my first sewing projects. I'm going to make some more once I get around to it. The pattern is from the first Stitch 'n' Bitch book.



Oh! And in non-knitting related news, Adam finished the AWESOME PINK BIKE he was building for me!