Friday, October 19, 2007

Facing Facts

A few weeks ago I read an inspiring post by Jared (b r o o k l y n t w e e d) on his blog. In it he talked about being realistic about your knitting, taking stock of your current UFOs, and frogging where necessary. I don't really have any UFOs that I don't want to finish someday but there are some things I finished that, I've decided, I could use the lovely yarn for something else since I hardly ever wear them.

1. My Tea Rose Halter Top: 4 skeins of my favorite color of Debbie Bliss Alpaca Silk.


I loved this pattern the moment I saw it, and I loved this yarn the moment I touched it, but, alas, the two were not meant for each other. What, oh pray tell what, was I thinking making a HALTER TOP out of ALPACA? Plus, I never got around to fixing the abysmal fit in the upper portion so it's currently cinched by safety pins. This yarn could be put to much better use! (My Ravelry queue already contains some ideas).

2. My "Fun in the Sun Hat": 2 balls of my favorite color of Debbie Bliss Pure Cotton.


I put quotes around the name of the pattern because it turned out nothing like it and I don't like the way it did turn out. I do want this hat, however, so I might be frogging it and re-crocheting it. But there are 5 more balls of this yarn on the shelf, so there might just be enough for something truly fun.

3. My Chelsea Sweater (A UFO).


The sleeves are just NOT GOING TO WORK and it's time to devote my energies to other things. So this lovely garment is going to become a VEST! I've pondered these set in sleeves a million times and it just isn't working. And when Pat, the GURU at A Tangled Skein, confirmed my frustrations, I knew the sleeves were going bye-bye.

I also frogged a hat that I never even finished and I knew I would never wear made out of the lovely-but-now-discontinued Knit Picks Panache. Now I have enough to make a little bolero.


Happy Frogging!