Thursday, October 25, 2007

I like FOs

This week I made the Anthropologie-Inspired Capelet that I found on Ravelry. It took me only 2 days to knit and I can tell this is going to be a wardrobe staple. I used up every inch of my Knit Picks Panache which, sadly, is now discontinued. I really am peeved that they discontinued this stuff: lusciously soft alpaca, cashmere, and silk for $4??? Why, Knit Picks, why? But at least I get to wear this little shrug close to my skin whenever I want. This pattern was GREAT. I will definitely be making more of these. So clear and had great instructions for making it fit perfectly.



Pattern: Anthropologie-Inspired Capelet by Julia Allen
Yarn: Knit Picks Panache, color Cloud, 3 balls
Needles: 9 (5.5mm) for body, 8 (5mm) DPNs for sleeve ribbing
Mods: Changed stitch number to fit my gauge, knit sleeves in the round, added ribbon tie

Also wear it without the ribbon...



And ANOTHER FO in record time. Literally took me half an hour from start to finish.



Pattern: Flying Gloves from Twinkle's Big City Knits
Yarns: Lion Brand Landscapes, color Spring Desert, fraction of 1 ball
Knit Picks Palette, color Red, fraction of 1 ball
Knit Picks Palette, color Blush, fraction of 1 ball
Needles: Susan Bates circ #19

Wore them today, one of our first truly chilly days. A splash of color in the midst of all the gray.