Saturday, October 6, 2007

An FO and Other Goings On

Let me begin by saying that Ravelry is incredibly addictive. I've already wasted an obscene amount of time on it and I haven't even figured out all the features yet.

Second order of business, someone *coughAdamcough* broke the camera so until we get a new one, my blogging will either be sans-pictures or with shitty webcam pictures.

With many of my projects either (1) boring me at the moment or (2) annoying me at the moment, I needed an FO to boost my self esteem. So I knit up Cyn's Bamboozled headband last weekend and, as promised, it was quick and fun. I had first started this weeks ago with a different yarn trying to, you know, work from the stash, but it just wasn't cutting in. So I got the Royal Bamboo (drool) that Cyn had used. I wore it today and got many compliments on it (Yay, Cyn!) Oh and I loved the twisted cord ties. What a great new technique!




Pattern: Bamboozled by Cyn
Yarn: Royal Bamboo, color 60 Olive , 1 ball
Needles: Size 7 (4.5 mm)
Recipient: moi
Time to knit: about a day

Let's see...I'm well into my Memories of Ukraine sweater (oh yeah, by the way, I started it even though I "promised not to cast on for anything new").


It took me a few tries to establish the pattern...it's more difficult working with this yarn than I anticipated. And now, almost finished with my yoke increases, I'm afraid I screwed up somewhere but it's (1) really hard to tell if I screwed up with this yarn which is both a good and bad thing and (2) really hard to correct my mistake if I indeed made one. I break into a cold sweat when I think about having to rip out a few rows and then figure out what the hell to do next. So, needless to say, I've put that project down for a few days.

Instead, I cast on for my brother's Entrelac Scarf.


I'm using Noro Silk Garden which looks and feels nice except for the occasional weird abnormality that I encounter in the skein. For the pattern I just cast on 18 stitches and made 3 triangles and went from there. This is my first entrelac project and I'm totally addicted. I'm about 1/3 of the way done with this scarf then I want one for myself and for Adam and for my mailman and for...........

And finally, much to his glee, I've reacquainted myself with Adam's socks. I had been frustrated with it, not quite sure how to proceed with this whole Magic Loop thing but then Cici saved me at last week's Sit 'n' Knit and by George, I think I've got it.