Friday, November 9, 2007

FO: Aamu

For the few people who actually read this blog, I want to say that I've become obsessed with Ravelry and therefore do not blog very often anymore. Maybe that will change when I get a new camera since these webcam photos are just not cutting it.

Anyhoo, I just finished up my Aamu sweater. This one's from the irresistible Norah Gaugan vol. 1 put out by Berroco. It was sort of by chance that this was the first project I made from the book. My Ultra Alpaca Light was on order at A Tangled Skein and I had a serious case of startitis. Then as I was digging through my stash, I found some forgotten Araucania Magallanes and thought that this would be the perfect project for it. A couple weeks and 2.5 skeins later, here she is.




Pattern: Aamu by Norah Gaughan
Yarn: Araucania Magallanes (100% Wool), color 316, 2.5 skeins
Needles: Addi Turbo 24" #6, #8
Recipient: Me
Mods: shortened the cowl neck an inch or so

I liked this pattern. It was easy but interesting and I think it's really different.

All of my other projects are chugging along. The other garment that I'm working on is a crocheted cropped cardigan that I found on Ravelry. I did the upper portion as per the pattern but I've decided to try a different and more lacy pattern for the bottom portion. We'll see how it goes. I'm using Brown Sheep Cotton Fleece in Berry which is beautiful although, again, shitty webcam doesn't do the color justice.