Monday, April 9, 2007

"B" is for Bolero...Flowers...The "F" word (Frogging)

Made some progress on Mom's Short 'n' Sweet Bolero. I'm done with the left and right front pieces. Now I just have to do the rest of the back and front and the sleeves. Here's a picture of Adam modeling my progress so far.



And here's a projection of how the finished project will look on my mom, also modeled by Adam.



I'm going to be teaching my first class at A Tangled Skein, doing my felted vase filled with knitted flowers project. So I'm working on making a second example by making a puke-yellow colored vase (my favorite color!) filled with pink cotton roses. I picked up a ball of good ol' Sugar 'n' Cream cotton for a whopping $1.79 at Jo-Ann's (shh!). But, really, who can beat that? It comes in tons of colors (though only about 6 were available at the ever-impressive Greenbelt Jo-Ann's), and it feels and looks just as nice as some other, much more expensive cottons that I've seen.






Finally, I was just flying along with my Ribs and Lace tank. Finished the Crest of the Wave pattern at the bottom, started the ladder lace section. But, somehow, something's off. Why does this keep happening to me?? So, I'm going to have to tear out about 10 rows. I HATE HATE HATE FROGGING. I at least can manage it without losing any stitches, but it just never seems to recover and look good. So I've put that project down for the night and I will have a go at it tomorrow.

Oh and here I am modeling my Tea Rose Halter, which I wore out with Jenny on Friday and then to work on Saturday where I got a lot of compliments which made me feel better about the whole ordeal.



Pattern: Tea Rose Halter from Spring 07 Interweave Knits

Yarn: Debbie Bliss Alpaca Silk, color 10, 4 balls

Needles: Size 13 circulars

Recipient: me!