Sunday, April 15, 2007

Tank finished

I faced my frogging with fearless ferocity and finished it with finesse. It was annoying getting ALL of those stitches back on, untwisted but it worked out and finally my project was back on track. After that, the project took off and was a joy to do. I finished it yesterday and wore it to work where I was showered with compliments which was really nice! I like how it turned out.


Pattern: Ribs and Lace Tank from Spring 07 Interweave Knits

Yarn: Knit One Crochet Too Ty-Dy, color Blueberry Fields, 3 balls

Needles: Size 10 and 4 circulars

Recipient: ME!

My frogging success inspired me to pick up those projects I've been neglecting since they had some problem or another. I fixed my Branching Out scarf and finished it! Here's a picture of it being blocked. Also got nice compliments on this at work.


Pattern: Branching Out from Knitty.com

Yarn: Knit One Crochet Too Douceur et Soie, color Ivory, 1 skein

Needles: Size 8

Recipient: Store model

Don't tell my bosses, but I bought some yarn off of KnitPicks.com the other day. I just couldn't resist...I got 100 grams/800+ yards of lace weight alpaca for 5 bucks! And some chunky alpaca/cashmere/silk blend for 5 bucks too. Can't beat that....

Also bought Lace Style which is a gorgeous book and I want to make EVERYTHING in it. I bought it for the Lingerie Dress which is this feather light ballerina-like thing that I think would be so fun to wear. It calls for Rowan Silk Haze but I think Douceur et Soie would would just as well. I originally bought that lace weight alpaca from KnitPicks thinking I could use that but I think the texture of the mohair is essential. That will be a pricey project, though. Maybe that can be my birthday yarn from Adam or my parents...but can I really wait until June?

I've started the Novella Socks from Knit 2 Together. I'm very concerned about this project. I hate, HATE, HATE working on DPNs...I know that maybe if I practice I'll get more comfortable but I just hate it. Plus this has cables and is just a generally tricky pattern from the looks of it so if I can get through this I will feel so very good. I bought the Silkience to do it with :-D.