Monday, April 2, 2007

No New PROJECTS!!!! (for the most part)

Made a resolution last week that I won't start any new projects until the ones I'm working on are done. Yeah right, right? Especially hard when one works in a yarn shop. But so far I've kept to it. Working diligently on the Clementine Shawlette.


Also, making nice progress on the Branching Out scarf (from Knitty) for the store. This is a one skein scarf that I get to use the lovely and delicate Douceur et Soie yarn for. I've never worked with lace weight yarn before and this stuff is airy and feather light, yet works up surprisingly fast. Pretty simple lace pattern, but the Douceur et Soie makes it a little more challenging. Fun.



I've picked up my Cathode sweater again (from Knitty). I've decided to extend the bottom ribbing to make that the dominate part of the sweater and make it really long...like over the butt length. I also may play with the sleeve length (I'm supposed to just add some ribbing but I might it extend it more). For this I used some pretty yarn I got in Ecuador and some of the Nature Spun sport weight.



To please Adam, I'm also working occasionally on his water bottle holder although it's not very exciting. I'm hoping that I got the size right so that it felts to fit.



Oh, and I did start the crocheted slippers from an old issue of KnitScene with some yarn from my stash. I've finished one and it only took me a couple hours. So cute.



I'm apprehensive to pick up my mom's bolero since I think I forgot which row I left off on and I'm not looking forward to figuring that all out.

I read a really great tip in my new favorite book, Knit 2 Together. It says that, ideally, you should work on two projects at any given time. One simple one for when you're with people or watching TV and one more complicated one for when you want to concentrate. So, once these are done, hopefully I'll do that.