Friday, April 6, 2007

That went out the window...and knitting chores

I knew my little resolution to not start new projects wouldn't last long. First of all, I jinxed myself. The moment I posted that last entry, something decided to go wrong with the Clementine Shawlette and I must have added a stitch somewhere because the pattern is off. Same with the Branching Out scarf. So I had to put those down for a little while.

I picked up my mom's bolero again and made some good progress BUT....

I also bought some new yarn and started a new project :-) Last week we got in this new yarn called Ty-Dy from Knit One, Crochet Too. It's a beautiful cotton that comes in awesome variegated colors and is soft and cool to the touch. I usually don't like variegated yarn, but this combinations of blues, purples, and greens just screamed summer relaxation which is something I sorely need right now. So I started the Ribs and Lace tank top from the Spring IK, and so far it's looking nice. I'm still on the first lace pattern at the bottom. The yarn called for is Kirabella Zodiac which is 98yd/50grams and the Ty-Dy is 196yd/100grams, so hopefully it should be perfect. (I didn't swatch...shhh!!!!). Here's a pic of my small amount of progress thus far:





Now, here's the deal with the Tea Rose Halter. So, I actually finished it like two weeks ago. I even wrote a blog entry and saved it as a draft. But I have neglected to photograph it and, more importantly, wear it, because it's not done. The sizing is off. It's my fault. I thought I could compensate for the slightly lighter yarn by upping the needle size and the garment size but now the top portion of the halter is horribly baggy. I don't know if I should cinch the sides under the underarms or take it out and do it over. Plus I need to weave in the ends, block it, and reinforce the neck straps. I HATE FINISHING THINGS! I never learned the correct way, I guess, to weave in ends or sew seams or any of that so it always looks awful. I love knitting, but the end part is always a chore to me. I just put it off. This was one project that I really wanted to be gorgeous, and hopefully I'll be able to salvage it. Here's a picture of it now and I'm not modeling it because it doesn't fit right now!