Sunday, May 13, 2007

Happy Mother's Day

I finished the Short 'n' Sweet bolero and mom loved it! Since I had such a busy week, I had to finish it this morning, but I got it done in time for mom to wear it to lunch. She looks great it in (it fits! phew!) and I'm so glad.




Pattern: Short 'n' Sweet Bolero from The Happy Hooker

Yarn: Brown Sheep Cotton Fleece, color My Blue Heaven, 4 skeins

Hook: Size H/8

Recipient: Mommy!

Also made dad a quickie bookmark to go with his birthday present (a book). Not my greatest achievement but it will serve its purpose.

Added to the knitting queue is the Lacy Hug-me-Tight from Knit 2 Together. It calls for an alpaca/silk blend but I think it would look smashing in Maggi's Linen, 50% linen, 50% cotton in either the dusty rose shade or the dramatic bright indigo. I was pretty much settled on the pink but then I saw the indigo and think it will make it that much more wow. The yarn is 3 strands that aren't plied and they have a thick and thin variation once in a while. It creates a really rustic yet pretty look.

Now that I've finished the bolero, I don't know what I'll start next. Today I hope to cast on for my second Novella sock.