Monday, May 21, 2007

Stash busting

As I contemplate new projects, I've decided I need to do some serious stash busting in order to justify my buying of new yarns. Bags, pillow, and small projects come to mind. One definitely queued item is the Larger than Life bag from the Spring 07 Interweave Crochet, or some variation of it. It's constructed from pretty crocheted squares in whatever color you choose. I can use up some single skeins of worsted that I have lying around.

I just got this Summer issue of knit.1 (from Vogue) and I really like this issue. Not only are a lot of the patterns cute, but it's all about being environmentally savvy with your knitting. Using yarns made from corn and soy and reusing stuff. Buying thrift shop sweaters and unraveling them, cutting up old t shirts for yarn, using garbage bags to make a knitted bag (hmm...) Plus, for stash busting sake, there's a cute jumper pattern using Lion Homespun which I already own! A whole dress with 3 skeins? I don't see why I shouldn't.

The Retro Redux Shrug is coming along nicely. Almost done in fact. Adam broke his collarbone on Friday so I've had plenty of time to knit while waiting on him. This is one of the fastest patterns I've ever made. I hope it fits!