Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Warshcloths

Okay, I don't have a dishwasher. Thus, what with work and other activities, the dishes tend to pile up a bit more than I'd like (hey, I'm a college student). So maybe, just maybe, if I knit some cute dishcloths, I'll be inspired to wash my dishes more regularly! Reading Mason Dixon knitting has made me recognize the importance of the hand-knit "warshcloth", so I'll knit a few. I hope to stash bust some cotton but I just love the Tahki Cotton Classic. It's not expensive, and it's so pretty and glossy.

In other news, I'm just about done with my second Novella sock. Just have to do the heel and instep. Yippee.

Also, swatching for the Short Sleeved Blouson has revealed that I need to go down to a #3 needle...maybe even a #2! This creates general malaise regarding the project...straight up stockinette stitch on size 2s???? GAG ME WITH A SPOON! Maybe I'll just sit down, watch all three Lord of the Rings, and knit til the cows come home.

I looked at the Summer Interweave Knits and nothing really excites me in it. Phew, that's a relief. I don't think my brain can handle any more projects in "the queue". I REALLY want to make something out of bamboo. The Yummy, Royal Bamboo, and Just Bamboo are so purdy.