Sunday, June 3, 2007

Novella Socks...done!

Here they are.

In retrospect, I would have used a lighter colored yarn to better show off the cables, but I like them very much. I wore them yesterday (MY BIRTHDAY, see below). I only barely needed the 4th skein, but, hey, what can you do.




Pattern: Novella Socks from Knit 2 Together

Yarn: Ella Rae Silkience, color 7, 4 skeins

Needles: #3 circular, #2 and #3 DPNs

Started: 4/19 Finished: 6/1

Recipient: Me!

Changes made: Yarn used, needle size, used circulars for entire sock until heel


In other news, I had a great birthday. My parents gave me an EXTREMELY generous gift certificate to A Tangled Skein, my LYS and place of work. ALSO, I got Twinkle's Big City Knits which is everything I hoped for and more. I want to make literally every project in this book. I do understand, however, people's complaints about the sizing. In one of the projects, the Twiggy Tunic, the LARGEST SIZE is a 26" bust. WHHHHHHAAAT? I'm small, but not THAT small. I guess it stretches...a lot. But this book makes me wish it were winter just so I could wear some of it. Of course I'll probably use substitutes for the Twinkle yarn (which she graciously provides recommendations for) since a minuscule ball of Soft Chunky is like 20 bucks. I also got Rowan's Romantic Knits, mainly for the Butterfly Dress pattern but there are some other cute things in there too. And Adam got me some yarn that I requested from Knit Picks: red Shine Sport for the Katherine Hepburn cardigan and some lace weight merino for the Butterfly Dress! So I'm LITERALLY rolling in yarn right now. I don't know what to start next!