Saturday, July 7, 2007

I enjoy knitting

Nothing too exciting going on. I'm making some washcloths for Adam's mom for her birthday and I'll pair them with a bar of handmade soap (not made by me of course). Here's 2 of the cloths.



Turquoise Cloth...
Pattern: Leaf-Patterned Dishcloth from Things Stitched
Yarn: Tahki Cotton Classic, color 3816
Needles: Size 5

Blue Cloth...
Pattern: Travelling Vine Cloth from Smariek Knits
Yarn: Knit One, Crochet Too Ty-Dy, color 631
Needles: Size 5

The original plan was to make her the Tutu Tea Cozy from Knit 2 Together but I think it looks funny. I haven't added all of the ruffles yet...



If I can make it look presentable I'll give it to my mom for her birthday (I was planning on making her one anyway). I'm also going to make my mom a hand-sewn knitting needle roll since she's on a roll with her knitting! I'm so proud of my mom--she's made a gorgeous felted bag, a vest, and another bag is on the way!

I finished my dad's clogs. Just need to felt them. And I made a really cute wine bottle cozy for my brother for his birthday. I crocheted it out of some Lion Brand Wool-Ease from my stash and added some knitted leaves and grapes from the Holly and Berries pattern in Nicky Epstein's Knitting Over the Edge. Unfortunately my camera was misplaced when I gave it to him so hopefully I can get a picture at some point.

I also started the lace border of my Lacy Hug-Me-Tight. It's an interesting lace with fun doughnut shapes.




Oh and I think I'm going to use Ella Rae Classic for the Hideout Coat. I've swatched some in my stash and if I hold 3 strands together, it's just right.