Monday, July 23, 2007

Makin' Progress...

I've been working solely on the Grecian Plaits top this week although my free time in the last couple of days has been devoted to a Mr. Harry Potter.

I've been making alterations to this pattern left and right. Nothing too drastic. I figured that since I shortened the yoke so much I should somehow alter the rest of the sizing. I'm no math whiz (to say the least) so I was uncomfortable picking up fewer stitches than called for so I left out a couple increase rows. I also decided to leave out the garter stitch armhole border...for now. If it looks too "unfinished" I'll pick up stitches later or perhaps crochet an edging. The other day I made it down to below my bust and then put it on waste yarn to try it on. I think it fit pretty well. So I proceeded and now I'm almost done with the waist cable. Then it's straight shot stockinette with a couple increases. I usually hate lots and lots of St st but when the yarn is so delectable I let it slide.

Pics to come when I get over my laziness and put it on waste yarn again.