Sunday, July 15, 2007

I know when to accept defeat.

I finished the yoke for the Grecian Plaits top. Sort of. I followed the directions exactly. It is 46" long just like the directions said. I grafted the two sides together. But it just looks ridiculously big. So the question is: do I keep following the pattern and hope it turns out or do I rip back to a size that seems more reasonable? The smallest size given in the pattern is 37 1/2" bust and I usually make a 32" or so. All I know is that right now I can't visualize how this will ever work.


Today I'm teaching my first kid's crochet class. I made two little projects for them to try. A twisty scarf that just uses chains and single crochets.






(Pattern: Rivka original; Yarn used: Plymouth Boku)


And a little purse.










(Pattern: Rivka original; Yarn used: Debbie Bliss SoHo)


Hope it goes well!