Wednesday, July 11, 2007

So busy

I've been so busy the past couple of weeks. Working every single day at 2 different places (Yarn shop plus I help out at Vertigo Books when the owners go out of town). So I've hardly had any time to knit. Well, that's not true. I knit a lot at work, but it's store models and models for the class I'm going to teach. I'm teaching a kid's crochet workshop this Saturday. My first kids class! I'm so nervous. I'm making a scarf that they can make for their first project. It only takes chains and single crochets but it makes this cool swirl effect.

I've also been working on a baby sweater with booties for a shop model to show off Phildar Eponge. It's a really fun yarn, and the pattern is very simple, but it just doesn't want to get done.

At work they let me choose what to make in the way of models, so my next choice will be something I find more interesting. What I'd really like, however, is to have time to work on my ever-growing stack of WIPs. I seem to have set aside the Lacy Hug-me-tight for the time being, but I'm still chugging along on the yoke for the Grecian Plaits top. I'm concerned about the fitting for this. I still have a good 10 inches to go on the yoke but it already seems to be just about the size I want. I don't want it to be loose. I'm going to keep trusting the pattern for now and see what happens.

My copy of Scarf Style is now on the way after I found it on Interweave's wonderful Hurt Book Sale. I got both Scarf Style AND Wrap Style for $15 together!!! I'm so excited. Once that comes, the scarves shall commence. I can start the Teardrop scarf anytime since I have the pattern and that pretty turquoise Lacey Lamb is on the shelf in the shop waiting for me. Just have to get the beads. Actually, I'm going to go to Jo-Anns (blech) right now. Hey, it's all I have in this town.