Thursday, August 2, 2007

3 new projects and Grecian Plaits

I love days off from work! Today I cast on 3 count them 3 new projects:

A hat for my little cousin Sami


(Using a solid color and a variegated color of Laines du Nord Baby Cover, my own pattern)

A Fair Isle pillow


(Using Ella Rae Silkience, pattern is from a Vogue dress pattern)
Right now it looks like a jousting flag but it should look better once I get more diamonds worked up.

And a Branching Out scarf for an undecided recipient. (No photo available yet as I have literally only cast on). Using a gorgeous purple shade of Classic Elite Miracle.

And here is the finished Grecian Plaits top, still not blocked. Actually don't look too closely at the photo since I haven't even finished weaving in the ends yet.



Pattern: Grecian Plaits by Lily Chin from Summer 07 Knitter's Magazine, size Small

Yarn: Plymouth Royal Bamboo, color 23, 8 balls (93 yds/50 grams)

Needles: Addi Turbo 24" circulars, #6, #7, #8, Brittany cable needles

Started: 6/25/07 Finished: 7/31/07

Changes made: Yarn used, shortened yoke, made fewer increases, left out "side seam"

Recipient: Me!