Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Out of Control

Is it possible that I could have cast on for another project? Yes, yes it is. But this one is for a good reason. My grandmother had a small stroke last Saturday. Luckily it looks like she is going to make a full recovery but it was still scary. So I'm going to knit her a little something--a lap blanket since she spends most of the day in her chair and gets a little chilly. The pattern? The Plymouth Encore 8-hour Baby Blanket. Not just for babies anymore! I've been recommending these patterns to customers for a while now. Quick, fun knits with 2 strands of worsted weight and fat needles. They're the perfect size for lap blankets too. I'm using Berroco Comfort (50% acrylic 50% nylon) which is really soft and squishy--a pleasure to knit with. AND I'm curious about this whole 8 hour thing, so I'm logging in my knitting time each time I pick up the needles. So far, I'm at 134 minutes = 2.23 hours and I'm at a healthy 9+ inches which is about a quarter of the way done which MEANS that I'm right on track.

So now I'm up to 6 count them 6 active projects. That doesn't include the several projects I've put down for a while. This is 6 projects that I work on at least once every couple of days. I do not like having 6 active projects. Therefore, I will not cast on for a new one (ha ha) until at least 5 of these are done. Again, ha ha.