Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Last Day of Freedom

Today is the last day of my summer vacation. Tomorrow is the first day of my last semester at the University of Maryland. I'm anxious to get it over with but it means *tear* possibly less time to knit.

I've been incredibly lazy with this blog. No photos, paltry posts. So here are some pics of my progress on various projects...

The Chelsea Sweater minus crocheted edging, with one sleeve semi-set in.


My dad's scarf. No, it's not the Forbes Forest scarf, after all. It's a free pattern from the Berroco website, using the Sinead cable pattern. I was just browsing their website since I LOVE their free patterns and I found this cable so striking. Plus it's in worsted weight yarn (I'm using a bright green shade of Berroco Love It--color in photo not accurate) so it's going faster than the Forbes Forest in sport weight would. So far, I've finished one repeat of the pattern (62 rows).

I'm also showcasing my pathetic sewing skills by making my mom a knitting needle case for her birthday. The pattern is from the first Stitch 'n' Bitch book, and it's pretty easy but my sewing machine started pissing me off so I'm taking a break right now.



I visited my Grandma in Montauk over the weekend and she loved her lap blanket. I didn't have a camera so I didn't get a picture of her with it but here's a (bad) picture of it before it was totally done.

Pattern: Feather and Fan Encore 8-Hour Baby Blanket

Yarn: Berroco Comfort (50% Acrylic/50% Nylon), color 9753 Aegean Sea , 4 skeins

Needles: Clover 24" #13 circulars

Started: 8/8/07 Finished: 8/13/07

Recipient: Grandma

And there was a lovely yarn shop in Montauk called Purl by the Sea. They carried some great stuff, including Rowan and Blue Sky Alpacas which my shop doesn't have, so I bought a few skeins. 2 skeins of Blue Sky sport weight Alpaca Silk in a lovely peach color for a tam, and 2 skeins of Rowan Cashsoft DK for 2 Odessa hats (recipients undecided).