Sunday, August 12, 2007

Giving some away, taking some in

This past weekend my family had a get-together at my parents' house near Gettysburg, PA. I was able to give my little cousin Sami the hat I knit for her and my Great Aunt Yetta the Sweet Pea Shawl. They both were very excited. I didn't have my camera but I think someone else took some photos so hopefully I can post some soon.

When I returned home, my Knit Picks package was waiting for me. 12 gorgeous skeins of Shine Sport in Coral, 1 each in Silver Sage and Violet, and 6 colors of Palette for a Fair Isle tam.

I'm 3/4 of the way done with my Grandma's blanket. I'm doing the Feather and Fan pattern of the Encore 8-hour Baby Blanket. I timed myself for the first half and I've gotten off track with the timing since then but the first half took me about 4 hours and 15 minutes, so I estimate that the whole thing will take me around 8 hours! I love these instant gratification projects. Recommend this pattern to anyone who needs a last minute gift.

Also making good progress on the Branching Out scarf. This is the second time I've done this pattern, but I'm using a different yarn. It's hard to see the pattern without blocking but I think it will look nice.

I've also decided against the Tear Drop scarf for my mom since she requested something else. So I ripped out what I had so far and am going to use the gorgeous turquoise Lacey Lamb for this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!