Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Gift emergency!

It dawned on me a couple of days ago as I was happily knitting away on projects for myself, that (1) Father's Day, (2) My brother's birthday, and (3) Adam's mom's birthday are all coming up in the next few weeks. So I've put all projects aside and started those things.

For dad, I'm making the Fiber Trends felted clogs. I'm just about done with the first clog and it only took me about a day so that's good. I know he'll like them...when he came into the shop last week and saw the model, he promptly demanded a pair. They'll probably be a bit warm for summer but he can just look at them until fall. Pre-felting, the clog is comically huge. Adam is in disbelief, but I assure him that it will fit a normal human-sized foot once I put it in the washer.

As for my brother and Adam's mom's (Sue's) gifts, in the off chance that they happen upon my blog, I shall disclose the information at a later date. Suffice it to say that I'm very excited to make Sue's present as it is a pattern that I have long desired to do. And the yarn is very pretty.