Sunday, June 10, 2007

shawl done!

I've finished the Sweet Pea Shawl! What a quick project. It took me 5 days and that's without working on it consistently. I really think my aunt will like it. It's so shiny and pretty. I've decided to leave the fringe off because I like it the way it is. I don't think I'll be able to give it to her until August but I'll post some pics of her modeling it. Until then, I'll have to do.





Pattern: Sweet Pea Shawl from SnB The Happy Hooker

Yarn: Ella Rae Silkience, color 5, 5 skeins

Hook: Size 8/H

Started: 6/5 Finished: 6/10

Recipient: My great aunt Yetta

Changes made: Yarn used, hook size, left off fringe



I've also cast on for the Lacy Hug-me-tight from Knit 2 Together.



I'm using a very different yarn than the pattern calls for. They say to use Blue Sky Alpaca but I'm using Maggi's Linen, a linen/cotton blend that has 3 unplied strands that creates a rustic slightly thick and thin look that I think will look really nice with this project. My gauge was spot on so we're on our way.



The construction is much like my Retro Redux Shrug: one big rectangle folded in half and the sleeves sewn, with a border around the whole thing. So I do 21" of 2x2 rib and then I knit separately a long strip of lace that I then sew to the border.