Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Making progress...

I made some progress this past weekend on my Lacy Hug-Me-Tight although not as much as I'd like. I just get bored doing nothing but ribbing! But I really like the way it's starting to look. I'm happy with my yarn choice.



Something's screwy with my Dad's clogs. I'm doing the 3 needle bind off with the double sole and I've run out of stitches on one of my needles. In fact I just can't make out what the sole is supposed to look like. I think I'll have to redo it. I was watching a movie as I knit the second sole so I didn't count as accurately.


Adam's foot showing how large slipper is

I know that felting hides lots of boo boos, but I don't want one clog to look better than the other. Mom and Dad and leaving for Europe in a few days, so he's not expecting his present until after he gets back, giving me some more time.

I've decided to do scarves scarves scarves for Christmas presents this year. I just LOVE the book Scarf Style. I've mostly stayed away from scarves for most of my knitting career because I thought they had to be boring but these are fabulous. For Dad and brother, cabled scarves in soft alpaca. For mom, something lacy perhaps. Adam wants an entrelac scarf and so do I since there is an AWESOME dramatic entrelac stole in the book.


I have a while before Christmas but scarves take a while don't they...and matching hats?